Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Our Sealing and Open House

Little Munchkin: 

This last month has been extremely crazy. But so much fun. On the 21st as you all know we found out we were pregnant. It was a HUGE shock but a HUGE blessing. We are so excited and we will post frequent updates on here as well as baby bump pictures. :) There obviously isn't a huge difference quite yet. But I have gained a couple pounds and my wedding dress is tight on my belly i almost couldn't zip it up. So that was scary. I have been feeling a little under the weather so far but mostly I think it is from my pre natal vitamin. We are luckily in a pretty good financial situation so far since both of us are working and we have full tuition scholarships. We are super excited to find out what we are having. Right now we have a pretty even split of who thinks we are having what. But Josh really thinks it is a boy and I really think it is a girl so we will see who it right :). Although I am sure all of you know what happens in the developmental stages of a baby I do not so I will track it here. 

Week 6:  

Major Developments: This week the nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. If I could see inside my uterus I would find an oversized head and dark spots where my baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. The ears are also marked by small little dents on the sides of the head and the arms and legs are little buds. 





This week little munchkin is the size of a Lentil.... Yes a teensy tiny lentil. Week 5 is was a sesame seed and week 4 was a poppy seed. That is so tiny!! How does something that small grow into a baby human! it is crazy to me. 
ONLY 236 DAYS TO GO!! 
Sealing and Open House: 
So this week Josh and I had the great opportunity to go to the Rexburg Temple and be sealed. A sealing is performed in the temple to unite a husband, wife, and their children eternally. It was so beautiful. It was really cool because I am sure you know that really beautiful feeling you get when you get married and the connection you feel with your spouse. Well we got lucky because we got to experience that twice. Once at our wedding and once in our sealing. It was also really cool because the church is really big on the family and we were able to actually know about our child in my belly at that time. I included pictures of the temple below and a brief description about what each room is used for. I thought you guys would want to see the room we got sealed in :) 


The Sealing Room: 



This is a picture of the sealing room where couples are sealed for time and all eternity.
The Baptismal Font: 


In the Bible, Jesus taught about baptism. Because many people do not have the opportunity to be baptized in this life, the fonts in temples are used by the living to be baptized in behalf of those who have died. The baptismal font rests on the backs of 12 oxen, following a tradition dating back to the Temple of Solomon that is described in the Old Testament. The oxen represent the 12 tribes of ancient Israel.
The Celestial Room:

The celestial room symbolizes the exalted and peaceful state that all may achieve through living the gospel of Jesus Christ. This room represents the contentment, inner harmony, and peace available to eternal families in the presence of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.


Finally my baby bump: 
6 week bump.... well really not there

Here is also a picture at our sealing :) 




Love you all!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment